What Conditions should my pilot project meet?
- The project must be a pilot project in test phase. We are preferable looking for Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 4-6:
- TRL 4 – technology validated in lab beyond proof of concept
- TRL 5 – technology validated in relevant environment and/or location
- TRL 6 – technology demonstrated in relevant environment (e.g. the technology has been tested but not at large scale).
- The project addresses a clearly identified sustainability challenge(s) faced by CERN.
- The project is feasible in a reasonable time scale/with reasonable amount of resources.
- The project will accelerate a sustainable solution if tested in a realistic city-like environment.
How do I submit a pilot project for Green Village?
The formal submission should be made by sending the dedicated, but short, Green Village Proposal Form to Green.Village@cern.ch
What will happen after submission?
The proposed pilots will be considered and discussed internally among CERN Management and nominated representatives of CERN's Technical Departments in order to assess its alignment and suitability with respect to CERN’s strategic sustainability roadmap. The selected pilots’ representatives will be contacted within one month for a preliminary discussion regarding a potential implementation.
Who should I contact in case I have a question?
To request support or more information, please contact Green.Village@cern.ch