The SMS Group strives to implement coherent service management processes in the SCE department and across all services at CERN joining the Service Management framework.
The Service Management framework is developed and operated by SCE/SMS in collaboration with the IT Department's Service Management team and aims to provide services and their customers the following benefits:
- Common service management processes including request-, incident-, knowledge-, feedback- management etc; based on international best practice standards, such as ITIL
- Central information and entry points for customers via the Service Portal and Service Desk
- Service Catalog listing all services at CERN and their personal data processing practices
- First line of support by the Service Desk, customer contact via Service Portal, phone, mail and walk-in
- Software tools enabling coherent service process implementation and efficient follow-up of requests and incidents (Service-Now)
- Service performance reporting
- Service management consultancy
Additionally the SMS group assists SCE entities in IT related decision making, gives support on IT matters where a central service does not cover the department's needs and also maintains the SCE website.
Contact us via the Service Portal!
|Deputy group leader
|Isabel FERNANDEZ GONZALEZ